Nursing Tip of the Week:
Topic: Allergies: Seasonal
- There are many antihistamines for seasonal allergies these days.
- Did you know that antihistamines work best on an empty stomach?
- An empty stomach allows for a faster absorption rate.
- Did you also know that antihistamines are best taken with a full glass of water vs. juice?
- The acid present in juices, such as orange or grapefruit cuts the effectiveness of antihistamines by as much as 45%!!!
- So, the next time, you reach for your antihistamine, be sure to follow the nursing tips listed above.
Until next week, this nursing tip has been brought to you by NurseSylvia!
Click on picture below to email me
For answers to all of your questions regarding school health,